Re: inability to use kinput2

On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, C. Oda described his kterm settings as follows:

> [root@example.com /root]# kterm -version
> kterm: version 6.1.0
> [KTERM_COLOR] [STATUSLINE] [KEEPALIVE]

  I have exactly the same output as the above.

> This is my kterm .Xdefaults
> kterm*scrollBar:true
> kterm*background: black
> kterm*foreground: green
> kterm*VT100.Translations: #override\n\
> kterm*visualBell: true
> kterm*allowSendEvents: true

  I have the same thing, but no *scrollBar or *visualBell setting.

> and in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/KTerm
>
> *translations:  #override \
>          Shift<Key>space:     begin-conversion(_JAPANESE_CONVERSION)

  I have no line in my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/KTerm specifying
*translations:  (perhaps this is the key difference)

  Kinput works fine in my kterm, so maybe the difference is a function of
some of these settings.  I can send you the whole 147 lines of my
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/KTerm, if you want.

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka

~
~