Re: Japanese language email problem (cont'd)

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Dennis McMurchy wrote:

> The following three lines should all be in New-JIS:
>
>   $B$3$l$,(BNew-JIS$B$N$O$:$@!#`*rJ!#rJG7Bg!$ITCNB6Q\@example.com$Li!#(B

  When this posting came back to me, the beginning of the third of
these lines was scrambled into three odd kanji.  It should have read
gb2jis.  Oddly, it reads correctly in jvim as I edit this (I must admit
this does always make me feel uneasy).  I did do some deleting and
rearranging of the line at that point as I recall - must have grunged
the escape codes or something. Anyway, just so you know I'm not using
some weird Chinese software called "Oar-sprout-Cicada".

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka