Swapping over Ethernet?

I've been having fun playing with the SPARCstation ELC.  Most things seem to
work. There appear to be some problems with some time related things when
using some of the RPM binaries available from RedHat.  For example, ncftp
will occasionally report 900+ minutes to complete a file that will actually
complete in a minute.  There also still seems to be some signal handling
roughness which can cause a register dump when you do certain types of
kills.

The only real problem I'm having is not being able to swap.  Since
I'm still diskless, as a temporary measure I was trying to swap
over the ethernet... but swapon keeps telling me that my "mkswap"ped
swapfile I'm pointing it at is an "invalid device."  Any hints?

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo  7j1ajh@example.com  <URL:http://shrine.cyber.ad.jp/~jwt/>