Building a 2.0 kernel

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice, Steve - I know what I'm doing until the wee hours
tonight;-)

I decided to take your advice and try to build a more recent kernel so I
fetched linux-2.0.tar.gz off the July Mo' Linux CD-ROM and untarred it in
/usr/src figuring it would unpack into something like /usr/src/linuxelf-2.0.
It didn't. It unpacked into /usr/src/linux which, as you'll recall, was a
symlink to linuxelf-1.2.13. Is this a problem? (I'm *sure* that's a Newbie
question <grin>)

Wish me luck.....

Jim S.