Re: PPP setup

Hi all,

>I saw in a later msg you got PPP going ... howdjadoit?  Do you still
>have a CDROM?  ;-)

I cheated. I'm still booting off a floppy (too chicken to mess with LILO
just yet;-) so I figured I'd use the /sbin/setup to grab a new kernel from
the Q set and create a new boot disk. I had to slog through several 'maybes'
until I found one that worked and yes, I still have the CDROM.

Next question (I hear you cry) Pine sends mail but I assume I need some kind
of mail daemon that starts when ppp is fired up so that Pine knows incoming
mail is there. Any suggestions? sendmail seems like overkill for a dynamic
dial-up IP connection.

Don't worry, be happy...

cu

Jim S.