Re: PPP setup

>I cheated. I'm still booting off a floppy (too chicken to mess with LILO
>just yet;-) so I figured I'd use the /sbin/setup to grab a new kernel from

You might look into LOADLIN.EXE, a DOS program that will slurp a Linux
kernel into RAM and then start it.  You can use the menu feature of
DOS's CONFIG.SYS to start Linux or your normal configuration.  Or, just
invoked it from the DOS prompt.  Much faster than floppies.

The current version is 1.6 (although 1.5, which is probably on your CD,
will work fine unless you want to take advantage of a new ramdisk
feature in kernels >~ 1.3.8x that allows really huge kernels.)