Re: tlug-digest V1 #164

Alberto--

    > Best solution would be to have Majordomo reject such posts.

I wasn't serious about this, although I have considered implementing
such restrictions on our local mailing lists and news groups.

   I considered majordomo, but ended up installing ListProc, on which I'm now
   running a couple of lists. Don't know if one is better than the other, it
   happened that I got sources for ListProc first. Compiled. It is working.

Which is what matters.  Works fine as far as I can tell, although
probably I will switch back to message-by-message service (from
digest), now that I've got procmail running.  That might work better
for you than getting a digest; it's not very hard to do.  The only
"tricky" thing about procmail is that under Linux it installs itself
in /usr/local/bin, and many mail transport agents (Smail, in
particular) force the path to "/usr:/usr/bin" for security reasons.
So you need the full path "| /usr/local/bin/procmail" in your
.forward, or else you need to move procmail to "/usr/bin" by hand.
procmail is definitely better than Elm's filter (as of 18 months ago).

I gather Tony is running a 'kaze-makase' on Saturday.  I'm going to
try to make it, I need to buy a power supply in Akihabara anyway.  Are
you going to be there?

Steve