Re: Successful Japanese Printing

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> GS 3.30+ also does PDF.  Ghostview should shortly do PDF; the patches
> are there but not integrated into the 1.5 distribution (nor into my
> installation).

This is interesting since xpdf cannot create PostScript output and
is therefore only useful for online browsing.  I would like to use
something like gs and ghostview to either read it online and print
out all or all of the doc if it is worthwhile.

I've been playing around with efax and tried to apply the qfax
patches to it but have failed so far.  I'm going to try and
get Hylafax (spell?) configured next.  I'm hoping to do Japanese
and English document faxing directly from a centralized server
with multi-user spool and send capability.

Oh, here is another gs question.  I've noticed that MS Word (sorry
guys, I'm not the one using it) prints to a file in PostScript
level 3.0.  My version of GhostScript can only handle up to
2.0.  I guess that the new version supports up to level 3.0?

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096