Re: I'd like to know what hardware is the best for Linux and Windows 95

On Mon, 1 Jan 1996, Norihide Kise wrote:

> Is it true that the 75 use the 5.0 volt? According to the article from
> the "Byte" magazine, only the 60 and the 66 use the 5.0 volt, and all the
> processors starting the 75 and up use the 3.3 volt.

I made a mistake.  The 75 mhz runs at 3.3 volts.  Sorry for the bad
info.

> Well, I'm a student studing Computer Science, but I'm not sure whether
> I'm going to program under Linux or not. The reason why I play with Linux
> is my curiosity. By the way, I'm interested in writing computer games. Is
> Linux good for writing computer games?

Hmm, probably not, though of course this is debatable.  If you use
the SVGA libs, you might as well do it under DOS to get a larger
audience for your games.  If you use X, the game is going to be
slow if you use heavy graphics.  You also have to learn the Xlibs
which is non-trivial.  You might want to get Motif and play around
with it.  It is kind of fun and then you can port the game to
your schools computers such as Sun, HP, etc.  Motif costs
about 100 dollars and comes with lots of sample programs.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096