I'd like to know what hardware is the best for Linux and Windows 95

I'm planning to buy a new Pentium-based, probably P75 or P90, computer.
If anyone could recommend some good hardware components, I'd appreciate
your help.

I was goning to buy a new computer through a mail order company like
Gateway 2000, or Dell, but when I saw their price tags, I changed my
mind. I'm currently planning to buy through small mail order companies
since I can specify each component.

	*CPU - Pentium 75 or Pentium 90
	*Cache - ?
	*RAM - 8MB at least (Should I have EDO RAM?)
	*HD - 850MB or up (Is EIDE ok?)
	*Video card - ?
	*Video memory - 1MB (at least, right?)
	*CD-ROM drive - double speed (which manufacture?)
	*Expansion slots - ? (PCI?, ISA, VL?)
	*Power Supply - ?
	*Sound Board - ?
	*Monitor - NEC XV 14"

I usually use my computer to program in assembly, C, and C++ and do some
database stuff. Also, I play with Linux, no programming is involved.
Plus, some DOS-based games.

I'm willing to spend about $1,600. If any could give me some important
information on the aspects which I mentioned-above, I'd really appreciate
your help.

Sincerely,

Thank you