Re: And as long as I'm here ... some general Linux talk

The version is 1.0.  It just came out of beta in September.  Not a
supported program, but one of the main authors (Andrew Yu) is now working
for Illustra (www.illustra.com), which has a very good product based on
Postgres.  If he has time and Illustra allows a little leak of
technology, this could become a great database.  Check out the
information on "data blades" in Illustra.  Postgres95 has enough freedom
to allow that kind of plug-in data modules.  Very very interesting.

Back to porting my MSQL programs to postgres... :-)

-- nori

On Fri, 10 Nov 1995, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Nori> If any of you are looking for a database solution, I suggest
>     Nori> taking a look at postgres95.  Lots of power, but not as big
>     Nori> as its older brother POSTGRES - it is slimmed down and is
>     Nori> much faster.  AND -- *AND* -- the query language is now
>     Nori> standard SQL!  (SQL-92, as far as I can tell) MSQL is great
>     Nori> for light stuff, but it is unstable.  Now it is Christmas
>     Nori> time with a powerful *SQL* database I can use in my linux
>     Nori> box.  It is also kind of object oriented.  You can do things
>     Nori> like,
>
> Which version?  The Linux Developer's CD has beta-0.02.  Do you have
> something more recent?
>
>     Nori> I'll shut up now and get back to playing with postgres.
>
> :-)
>
> --
>                             Stephen J. Turnbull
> Institute of Socio-Economic Planning                         Yaseppochi-Gumi
> University of Tsukuba                      http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/
> Tennodai 1-1-1, Tsukuba, 305 JAPAN                 turnbull@example.com

     Andrew N. Nishigaya     |    Cyber Technologies International K.K.
=============================| President/CEO/Unix Guru/Mystic Visionary
 anishi@example.com          |           Otake Bldg. 304, 4-6 Daikyocho
 madjap@example.com |             Shinjuku-Ku, Tokyo Japan 160
 http://metanoia.cyber.ad.jp |  Tel:+81-3-3226-0961 Fax:+81-3-3226-0962