Re: [tlug] Tex Editor Recommendations?

On Wed, Sep 11, 2024 at 7:24 AM Bernie Innocenti <bernie@example.com> wrote:
> On 2024/09/11 13:52, Benjamin Kowarsch wrote:
> > Tex or text?
> Assuming they meant text editor, there are numerous great options on Linux.
> There are also many beginner-friendly GUI text editors: I like Kate,
> which is part of KDE but can also be used in GNOME. It's packaged by all
> distros and has reasonable configurability, many plugins and support for
> coding with LSP (Language Server Protocol).

If we're talking about TeX / LaTeX editors instead, I use Kile, which
is also part of the KDE family.  For text editing, I also use Kate and
even KDevelop for source code.

Not sure why -- I just like the interface.  Picked them long time ago
and haven't had any interest to try anything else.

Ray

Home | Main Index | Thread Index