Re: [tlug] Tex Editor Recommendations?

On 2024/09/11 15:17, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
Ok. And now... flame on!!! 😉

Challenge accepted!

a full-blown IDE
Not a full IDE (like IDEA), but similar to Neovim / VSCode / VSCodium,
there is a new open source editor, called Zed. https://zed.dev/
It is not bad.

Downsides for me;
* Too much built-in AI by default (although not functional afaik, unless a key is set) * Similar to VSCode, or even simlar to some neovim setups as well, too many things randomly install themselves, in npm fashion. Quite a bit of security risk by default. * First thing their Flatpak package tries to do is to disable all sandboxing features of flatpak. To be able to manage itself well.

But even with downsides, it is still quite good.

There is another similar full blown editor from scratch attempt, called Lapce as well.
This one might be worth looking into as well; https://lapce.dev/

flame on!!!

I'm still stuck on Neovim + (almost stock) Astrovim setup. This thing is not even an editor, it's torture. and slow.

Once I can properly containerize Zed, I will switch to it.

Furkan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index