[tlug] Eng-JP/JP-Eng Toggling / U-24.04.1 LTS Buggy....

With an upgrade to Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS, I'm finding it to be buggy.  On the plus side, the "Dark Style" setting is very welcome, but otherwise it's (so far) just a buggier version of 22.04.4(5?).  SciTE crashes, Chromium sometimes flickers when exiting Full Screen, photos sometimes take 15-20 seconds(!) to open, etc.

About text toggling.  It toggles from English to Japanese ([Super]+[Space]) but doesn't toggle from Japanese to English other than by using the mouse to click on the option (which means Full Screen has to be exited to do it).  The one exception I've found is Chromium, which works fine.  Otherwise, when attempting to go from Japanese to English via [Super]+[Space] it appears to be interpreting that as a tab?  I have to put kanji within English sentences, so it's slowing things down a bit.

Not an emergency, but thought I'd mention it....

- Lyle

Home | Main Index | Thread Index