Re: [tlug] CJK Input Methods

On 7/28/24 04:17, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
Each time you reboot the computer, you have to change the [Input Mode] to [ひらがな], and then it works fine until you reboot the machine - each time [Input Mode] -> [ひらがな].

Hi Lyle

I found something that seems to work for this at least on ubuntu 20.5.  About half way down the page is an entry that says to add

active_on_launch: True
to the end of $HOME/.config/mozc/ibus_config.textproto

My ibus_config.textproto now looks like:

# `ibus write-cache; ibus restart` might be necessary to apply changes.
engines {
  name : "mozc-jp"
  longname : "Mozc"
  layout : "default"
  layout_variant : ""
  layout_option : ""
  rank : 80
}
active_on_launch: True

I logged in and out several times and rebooted and when I select japanese input, mozc is staying in hiragana mode.

He also suggests converting to fctix and I played with that but couldn't get it working under ubuntu.

Steve S.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index