Re: [tlug] Looking for employment

Hi Dave

While I am not 100% sure, excelfore can work out for you if you have strong C skills and embedded experience. Their pay is decent too. But like I mentioned before, I am not 100% sure whether they are okay for you to be fully remote. This is my previous company where I used to work. The japan head of this company is a pretty reasonable person and he told me a few days back that he is looking to have more people to the team. So you can check their website and if it sounds interesting, you can definitely reach out to them.

Like Lian said, there definitely are a few challenges. But my experience of staying in Japan for the last 10 years and working with startups made me believe that nothing is written in the rock here. People here are pretty reasonable and accommodating if it is needed. So I would say you can try some of the startups here those are working in the domains of your interest. For these companies it is really difficult to find someone who is bilingual and also who good at development. For this reason I think they will be able to bet on you being remote and working for them. From my past experience, I could reach out to such startups through Job postings on Craigslist and LinkedIn.Β

For the legal aspects, I believe you could register a LLC and get the money transfered to the company. If you cannot be directly put on that payrolls something like this can definitely be worked out, but such seeing would be easy with small companies.

So please stay positive and good luck with the search.