Re: [tlug] No Japanese input in a browser anymore

On 2024-03-03 18:43, Stuart Luppescu wrote:
This is pretty weird. I've been using ibus with anthy for Japanese IME
for years without serious problems. Last month I had a stupid
catastrophic computer failure ("stupid" because I did a really stupid
thing). I managed to remedy it without a tremendous lot of trouble, but
now I find I can't input Japanese in Chrome or Opera. I can get
Japanese input in Evolution, Thunderbird and emacs, but nothing in a
browser. Weird, yeah? Anyone have an idea of what's going on?

Here is my set of env variables (can be in ~/.xinitrc);

export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
export SDL_IM_MODULE=fcitx
export GLFW_IM_MODULE=fcitx
export QT_IM_MODULE=fcitx
export DefaultImModule=fcitx
export XMODIFIERS="@im=fcitx"

I am using fcitx, but for ibus, the "bus" module could be `ibus` or `xim`. When I was using ibus, I was using xim, so all values above would have been `xim`
last one being `@im=xim`.

Making ibus work in `xim` mode, is an ibus-daemon option. Which was most reliable
for me.

Hope it helps.

--
Furkan Mustafa