Re: [tlug] Input methods - again!

lain. writes:

 > Rather, .zshrc gets initiated every time you open a new shell, TTY,
 > or SSH session, or whatever runs zsh in it.

You are correct.  I mention this only because bash does function as I
said, so that .bashrc is run only in non-login interactive shells.  In
case anyone else is confused by this difference.  (I've never
understood why bash does it that way.)

Apparently POSIX only mandates a .profile for login files.  Anything
else is handled by the ENV environment variable.

Steve

Home | Main Index | Thread Index