Re: [tlug] Receiving money internationally

They haven't bugged me for anything new lately but when I set things up, I had to supply the usual IDs and tax numbers. Since they have a JP presence and deal a lot with ex-pats, I would expect the process to be less painful than a regular overseas bank. But I opened my account some years ago so I can't really speak to any KYC changes since then.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2022, 18:30 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
Joe Larabell writes:

Hi Joe!  Thanks!

 > I've been using Wise (formerly known as TransferWise)

Have you seen anything about ToC changes for AML/KYC purposes?  What I
saw for the pp service looked quite strict.

 > *Replies to this address are processed by Google servers so it might be
 > prudent to refrain from discussing anything you wouldn't be willing to
 > write on the back of a postcard.*

Heh.  I just assume everything in email is processed by NSA servers
(some relabelled "FBI//FISA").

Steve

Home | Main Index | Thread Index