Re: [tlug] Slightly offtopic: Japan power outlet with consuption meter

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 05:35:06PM +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> I haven't tried it, but it looks like someone has reverse-engineered the
> cheap Wemo Insight smart plug that I have enough to be able to poll it each
> minute and applied it to monitoring his computer's power consumption among
> other things.
>   https://chameth.com/monitoring-power-with-wemo/

That did lead to something..
there is https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota as open firmware
for a wide range of smart plugs.  Compatible ones for Japan are
here: https://templates.blakadder.com/jp.html .
I think some of the devices Travis saw are compatible.

So that would give a device usable in Japan, with sane, machine
readable interface.  One would then need to select a device where
power consuption measurement is advertised, and hope it's reasonable
granular.

Thanks,
Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index