Re: [tlug] Slightly offtopic: Japan power outlet with consuption meter

Hoi Travis,

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 02:54:55PM +0900, Travis Cardwell wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 10:34 AM Christian Horn wrote:
> > KDE has started https://eco.kde.org/ to measure/improve power
> > consumption.  The linked to this device with 4 outlets and an
> > rj45 connector, one can conveniently query consumption via SNMP [0].
>
> Wow, that is an interesting device!  I was intrigued by the RADIUS
> support and checked out the manual.  The configuration capabilities are
> more extensive than I expected!  I wonder what the device is running...
> Perhaps OpenWRT...

Yes, I was guessing something higher level where they could use open
source snmp implementations.

> I was able to find a price on a different site: 335,58 EUR.  That is
> about 43,000 JPY at the current exchange rate.

Yes, not cheap..

> +Style スマートプラグ
> [..]
> LUMIMAN Wi-Fiスマートプラグ

I saw these, but they are aimes at 'click here, get something
fancy'-users, just doing wlan, maybe not even hooking into existing
wlans but only supporting to spin up an own network.
Resolution just down to 1 hour resolution, and then you also need
to fetch some heavy webpage and condense the actual value from that.
I realize it's home user focus versus more lab usage.
Maybe I drop an email to the vendor of the expensive device, on
whether they consider other markets too.

Thanks!
Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index