Re: [tlug] Slightly offtopic: Japan power outlet with consuption meter

Hi Chris!

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 10:34 AM Christian Horn wrote:
> KDE has started https://eco.kde.org/ to measure/improve power
> consumption.  The linked to this device with 4 outlets and an
> rj45 connector, one can conveniently query consumption via SNMP [0].

Wow, that is an interesting device!  I was intrigued by the RADIUS
support and checked out the manual.  The configuration capabilities are
more extensive than I expected!  I wonder what the device is running...
Perhaps OpenWRT...

I was able to find a price on a different site: 335,58 EUR.  That is
about 43,000 JPY at the current exchange rate.

> Unfortunatelly, that is for plugs in Europe.. I did not see anything
> like this for Japan plugs without ground pin.  Having just a single
> outlet would be ok, and having the data available via wireless net-
> work would also be ok - just not just one measurement per hour or
> so, more current readings would be nice.
>
> No good hits on amazon, aliexpress - or just my search terms are
> bad.

I was unable to find anything like it in Japan either.  The closest I
could find are 「スマートプラグ」 devices that are designed for use with
Google Home, etc.

+Style スマートプラグ
<https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B082NW21Z8/>
<https://plusstyle.jp/shopping/item?id=419>
<https://plusstyle.jp/shopping/manual/ps_pop_w01/>
2,500 JPY

LUMIMAN Wi-Fiスマートプラグ
<https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09Q5GV9S6/>
1,860 JPY

BTW, I ran across the following device while searching, which may be
interesting do those who live in a 一戸建て residence.

スマートエネルギーメーター
<https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09V1FC4D5/>
5,469 JPY

Cheers,