Re: [tlug] Call for presenters for July 10th technical meeting

Hi Christian,

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 7:40 PM Christian Horn <chorn@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 10:20:24AM +0900, Edward Middleton wrote:
> > The July 10th technical meeting will be run online.  If you are interested
> > in presenting can you post a quick summary of topics you might be interested
> > in talking about.
> I was looking into
> - can I find out how much power my linux box consumes
> - ..and single components like cpu and ssd
> - and can I compare if a new version of a software needs more power,
>   or for example which software can play a video consuming the least
>   power?
> Most of that is available with surprising accuracy just with all
> normal Linux distros bring in on modern laptops.
>
> If that is interesting to someone, I could give an overview.
> Chris

Oh!  I'd be interested to hear about this as well, though I am unsure
about my availability on July 10th at this moment.  I'll try my best
to attend if this is presented...

Been having an issue recently with computers I maintain for work.  But
the issue is "one level up" from what you're talking about.  We're
actually tripping the circuit breaker.  Or...someone is.

Anyway, the solution is to get more circuits in the room and that's
something we're working on.  But I feel awful to have used computers
for so long...which all obviously use electricity :-P, but up to a
point, my understanding stops and I just think it's problem-free.  :-)

Ray

Home | Main Index | Thread Index