Re: [tlug] Running from USB memory stick (hardware issues)

On 3/6/21 6:31 AM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
As for seeing a USB device... you seem to be saying that the BIOS will recognize something plugged into a USB port?  I just tried that and there was no difference in boot options in the BIOS with the device not plugged in and plugged in before going to BIOS...

Suspect you should look at the current formatting on the stick. I mean, setting partition table to " msdos " type + at least one " FAT32 " type of written partition. In other words, you must " reset " the USB stick to those defaults for the " BIOS " software to be able to recognize it.

You can manage that through " GParted " application on your favorite distro.

Cheers! フェルナンド

Home | Main Index | Thread Index