Re: [tlug] Call for presenters for March 13th technical meeting

I'm not sure how interesting this would be to TLUG but I'm planning to check out Lilypond. I don't think you can really call it a programming language but it's a language for describing music in text files which then can be compiled to midi or score.

Kinda looks like this: http://lilypond.org/text-input.html

I haven't used it at all yet myself but I was thinking about learning it some time this week. I could present what I've learned by March 13th. I could also do this as a ten minute lighting talk so I don't bore people too much.

Also some years ago I did a presentation about the tiling window manager i3. People liked that one and some people who weren't present told me afterwards they wished they could have seen it. I could do it again if there's any interest.

Another idea is I could just talk a bit about my programming environment. The VIM settings I use etc. To me this feels super simple and like there's not much to talk about, but it might spark a conversation rather than a one way presentation. We could exchange ideas and pick up little useful tricks from each other. Same goes for common CLI tricks we use.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index