Re: [tlug] Call for presenters for March 13th technical meeting

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 05:54:02PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Dunno if I'll be ready to speak (I'll know toward the end of next
> week), but GNU Mailman is in an interesting situation right now.
> Mailman 3 is now the upgrade path for most sites (still doing security
> patches for Mailman 2, but it's pretty creaky, and otherwise EOL),
> with a team of three applications (Mailman core which handles the
> mail, and two Django apps, Postorius for administration and user
> profiles, and HyperKitty for archives).
>
> The interesting development is that we now have commercially-
> developed closed-source alternatives for Postorius and HyperKitty.
> It's basically friendly but not without friction.  Maybe people would
> be interesting to hear how that came about, and how it can work?

I would be interested in this one.

My employer has directly people in most upstream communities I
interact with.  Hearing about the mix of OpenSource and companies
producing parts to make a living is interesting.

Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index