[tlug] Call for presenters for March 13th technical meeting

Edward Middleton writes:

 > The March 13th technical meeting will be run online.  If you are
 > interested in presenting can you post a quick summary of topics you
 > might be interested in talking about. Please also reply if there are
 > things you would like to hear talks on.

Dunno if I'll be ready to speak (I'll know toward the end of next
week), but GNU Mailman is in an interesting situation right now.
Mailman 3 is now the upgrade path for most sites (still doing security
patches for Mailman 2, but it's pretty creaky, and otherwise EOL),
with a team of three applications (Mailman core which handles the
mail, and two Django apps, Postorius for administration and user
profiles, and HyperKitty for archives).

The interesting development is that we now have commercially-
developed closed-source alternatives for Postorius and HyperKitty.
It's basically friendly but not without friction.  Maybe people would
be interesting to hear how that came about, and how it can work?

Steve

Home | Main Index | Thread Index