Re: [tlug] FotoKilof gui for Imagemagick

I really appreciated the responses. This one nailed it.

From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com>

> SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character ?\xc5? in file setup.py on line 9,
> but no encoding declared;
> see?http://python.org/dev/peps/pep-0263/?for details.

My guess is that root's default python is Python 2. Python 3 defaults
to UTF-8, and the first non-ASCII character in the file is a UTF-8
leading byte, so it should not cause this error in Python 3 in the
absence of a declared encoding, but the error denies there is one.

You say that "python" claims to be Python 3, but what does "sudo
python" say?
python3 --version says: 3.8.5
sudo python says:  Python 2.7.18 (default, Aug  4 2020, 11:16:42)
[GCC 9.3.0] on linux2

Wow. So is there a way I can change the default? Do I need to uninstall python completely and then reinstall?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index