Re: [tlug] January 9th Technical Meeting

On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 06:42:52PM -0500, jep200404@example.com wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jan 2021 16:44:14 +0900
> Jim Tittsler <jwt-tlug@example.com> wrote:
>
> > https://gather.town/ seems to work really well for a group this size.
>
> Darn, I'm sorry I missed this one.
> I need to pay more attention to the meeting announcements.
>
> We've been using gather for months successfully.
> Folks who moved away to NYC & Singapore are joining regularly.
>
> Gather is great for supporting multiple conversations instead of
> the one discussion approach most online meeting things support.
>
> Gather is under active development. It changes from week to week.
> I would like for it to have attenuation with distance like rambly
> has, so that one can concentrate on one conversation, but hear
> enough of other conversations to know when to move closer to
> other conversations.

I was at the 2019 chaos communication congress, the 2020 one was
virtual.
rc3 world was created, a world in the style of gather town.  The
single projects could contribute their own "area", all were then
fit together.  The backend is opensource, one can get a feeling
of the experience at
https://play.wa.binary-kitchen.de/_/global/c0c0bird.github.io/chaos-world/main.json
More details on rc3 world: https://links.rc3.world/

Chris