Re: [tlug] buying a iMAC

Christian Horn writes:

 > That architecture is not as standardized as Intel arch though,

I'd say it's exactly as standardized as Intel (100% proprietary, we'll
do what we want and you WILL buy it and you WILL like it! ;-)

It's just not as familiar yet.

I did see a report that M1 emulates x86 faster than any Intel chip
Apple has used, so maybe that's a route.  (Yes, I know that emulator
was probably targeted at the benchmark, not at Linux -- 0.5 wink, as
they say.)

Wonder if there will be any F00F-y stuff? :-)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index