Re: [tlug] buying a iMAC

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 3:22 PM Deepika Ghuriani
<deepika.ghuriani@example.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion if I have created any with my words ...I just meant to say that I have decided to invest in an iMAC considering all the points but at the moment it has 4 weeks waiting time.  Is this wait time after effect of co-vid .. or was the scenario same before covid too ?
> What they told us in the shop was that iMAC machines are assembled  in China only once we specify and complete our order and then they ship it . This was something new to me ...anyways ...Thanks for the MBP suggestion John but i didn't get what you meant by ---

When I ordered my Dell laptop, it took around 2 weeks to arrive.  It
was also assembled in China.  The 4 weeks is more likely an
over-estimate than a precise estimate.  Because whatever time frame
they give you, from the day after that time frame, you'll be calling
them on a daily basis.  :-)

GIven all this, I guess 4 weeks makes sense.

And yes, that Dell I mentioned was put together after I placed my
order.  Dell (at the time, and yes, this was in Japan) didn't have a
fixed store.  I guess they still don't in Japan?

Perhaps if you bought it from an Apple Store, they might have the
product inside their shop??  I'm not sure.  I don't shop at the Apple
Store.  :-P

Ray

Home | Main Index | Thread Index