Re: [tlug] OT: Japans digitilization

On Fri, Oct 02, 2020 at 11:49:44AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Christian Horn writes:
>  > Maybe.. the 'post privacy' fraction of people is big, but still I
>  > oppose wherever I can (not that it would help much).
>
> "Facts don't care about your [opposition]."

Even if the facts do not change just from one person opposing,
having other people notice that there is an opposition is a good
thing.
Enough people opposing has also already led to the government
changing it's direction.

> Or mine.  I'm a Facebook refusenik, on my phone my browser of choice
> [..]

Google+ shutting down did bring me to look at options, and I am
happier with the open alternatives now than with g+ before:
- Mastodon as decentralized twitter/g+ alternative
- Tiny tiny rss to collect rss/atom feeds, much more flexible
  now and I have the data in my hands

Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index