[tlug] OT: Japans digitilization

Hi TLUG,

I hope I'm not to far off topic.

When dealing with hanko, fax machines and much paper in Japan,
that is seen by most as a burden, and inefficient.

There is one good thing thou about it:
if things are digitilized and go wrong, then not just money, but
our data is at stakes here.  Considering how the recent 7-11 ecash
thing (and other activities) went, maybe it's better to be unmodern?

So there was (again) an announcement to digitilize Japan,
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/09/27/national/japan-taro-kono-fax-machine-hanko/

Reminds me much of Germany, where we typically have that cycle:
- government announces something
- burocrats lay down a way to do something
- "voices" express why this can not work, and if implemented
  things can (and are likely) to go horribly wrong

In Germany, these "voices" are typically members of the CCC [0],
when reading the above I was just wondering how likely it is
that the government will get proper counseling there (not like
7-11 first implement, then ask..).

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Computer_Club

Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index