Re: [tlug] PowerPC based motherboards...WAS: Re: Calibre/ebook readers

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 10:18:21PM +1800, AbH Belxjander Draconis Serechai wrote:
> like a MIST or something else?

Yes, something along these lines.  More below..

> I got my own sam440 after production had already ended second hand.
>
> There are other AmigaOS 4.x PowerPC boards and ACube is busy at the
> moment with the whole Team PowerPC laptop project (doing the design
> work which is community funded)
>
> there is the X1000, X5000 and also the A1222 by A-EON as well... those
> are all *new* systems that were recently produced in limited numbers.

I look at FPGA since a while as native RISC-V were so far not nicely
sold on a board for playing, like Raspi or such.  So many people look
at FPGA to run such designs.

Some pieces I kept bookmarked:
- OrangeCrab, https://1bitsquared.com/products/orangecrab
- ULX3S, FPGA ESP32, https://www.crowdsupply.com/radiona/ulx3s
- Fomu (https://github.com/im-tomu/fomu-hardware) is aimed at teaching
  FPGAs basics (Micropython, verilog), can not connect devices/load
  code from a microSD card
- AndeShape FPGA boards, likely ~$1000
- iCEBreaker FPGA Development Board: Lattice iCE40UP5k FPGA
  ships for $69: https://www.crowdsupply.com/1bitsquared/icebreaker-fpga

Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index