[tlug] Calibre/ebook readers

Chris wrote:
> his coding prowess doesn't give me warm fuzzies about the quality of
the rest of the codebase, so I don't run Calibre.

I've been frustrated by Calibre by its desire to take ownership. E.g. if
I double click an epub file just to see what is inside it, it gets added
to my library. (I think it might take a copy of them, too?)

I have foliate on my list to look at, as an alternative:
https://github.com/johnfactotum/foliate

While on the subject, any comments on Japanese ebooks on Linux? It seems
English publications are more likely to be in DRM-free format; some
Japanese publications even seem to want you to install their own app.

Darren

Home | Main Index | Thread Index