Re: [tlug] Corona and schools in Japan

Hoi,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 08:05:48AM +0900, Yasuaki Kudo wrote:

> I have always wondered since my elementary school days (30 year ago!)  why the can't the educational institutions get together, produce high quality explanatory videos, just let the students watch them at their pace and let the classrooms be full blown Q&A sessions all the time.  I can even imagine having a multiple tutors vs multiple students setting where the tutors can offer answers from different angles to help students develop understanding.

Some companies are doing this to train their employees.
Plainly recording and offering videos is one approach of course,
but for example with https://moodle.org/ there are also opensource
frameworks to produce such content and offer it to students.

I can imagine it would not work for small kids though.

Chris