Re: [tlug] Corona and schools in Japan

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 09:13:05PM +0900, Yasuaki Kudo wrote:
> My friends and I have been contemplating some kind of worker coop for remote work/education consulting in Japan.  😊

Great idea!
One can at these times not walk into a school and talk with folks,
but one could try to prepare informations on a website, setup a
mailing list (assuming lists are easy enough to use for most of the
teachers), or offer advice via video chat sessions.

> So obviously, I am very interested in this topic.   It am
> curious what the difficulties are is it technical?  The
> culture of presentism ?
> Legal?  Security?

My sample here is really small, but I think all of this:
- techwise: teachers know "I want to show a screen", but they do not
  know which technical solutions exist, and which best cover their
  usecase.
- softwise: even if they know "I need a videoconf software", then it
  would help to know about the pro/contra of google hangouts, skype,
  jitsi, bigbluebutton, mumble.
  For some, you also need a server to host the service, i.e. jitsi.
  Just then one can choose the most fitting solution.
- legal/security/costs: all of the software _should_ be looked under
  these aspects, indeed.  At least from what I see, people are
  already happy to solve the above 2 points.

Chris