Re: [tlug] GW projects

Hi Christian and everyone,

On 28/4/2020 10:34 am, Christian Horn wrote:
On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 04:58:46PM +0100, Schwartz, Fernando G. ]|[ @SCA wrote:

I heard about ステイホーム週間 ("OT" topic, concerned about how you're all
coping. Please drop a line here. Here in Europe we're starting to see the
light at the end of the tunnel. Or so.)

Comparing with most European countries, Japan started early with
Corona, but number of infections stayed relatively low.  We seem
not very well prepared if/when a big wave comes.
I like to compare influx on society, related to Japan and Germany,
some thoughts on [0].
[0] https://fluxcoil.net/files/2016_japan_move/japan.html#_corona_covid19

I wasn't following the news in Japan too closely in regards to the coronavirus (experiencing coronavirus news [and false news] overload right now) but I thought the cluster in Hokkaido and the cruise ship in Yokohama was it and that Japan could manage the situation. That happened when we [in Hong Kong] got our first wave.

We're now coming to the end of our second wave and it looks like social restrictions might come to an end. But, in comparison to Japan, HK has been tough. Sadly, giving bracelets to new arrivals and the threat of a fine and prison didn't help as much as the population shaming people on social media. Vigilantism with a smart phone...not sure what our society is becoming!

I guess no country could truly be prepared. Even with 1-2 months preparation, it isn't like you can go to the nearest Aeon and pick up a pack of ventilators. And maybe western countries should learn to make some masks at home...

I guess this kind of outbreak will happen again and hopefully we all learn from it...

Good luck to those of you in North America, Europe, and of course Japan! And yes, we're expecting our third wave...

Ray