Re: [tlug] GW projects

Hoi Fernando,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 04:58:46PM +0100, Schwartz, Fernando G. ]|[ @SCA wrote:

> I heard about ステイホーム週間 ("OT" topic, concerned about how you're all
> coping. Please drop a line here. Here in Europe we're starting to see the
> light at the end of the tunnel. Or so.)

Comparing with most European countries, Japan started early with
Corona, but number of infections stayed relatively low.  We seem
not very well prepared if/when a big wave comes.
I like to compare influx on society, related to Japan and Germany,
some thoughts on [0].

> Intel® " Compute Stick ", model: STCK1A8LFC, specs ( https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/86613/intel-compute-stick-stck1a8lfc.html
> )
>
> Interesting, it shipped Ubuntu default on this hardware. And I thought how
> it would fare over the years with new releases and guess what, now with my
> new " LXQT " install , I was pleasantly surprised with a much better "
> experience " than before. And still around 700MB of spare space on cramped
> 7GB storage.

That's not to bad, having older hardware usable with rather demanding
distros like Ubuntu!

Take care,
Chris

[0] https://fluxcoil.net/files/2016_japan_move/japan.html#_corona_covid19