Re: [tlug] GW projects

On 4/27/20 9:27 AM, Christian Horn wrote:
with the upcoming Golden Week also called
'stay home week', do you have plans to try out/hack together
something Linux or OpenSource related?

Hallo Chris, wie geht es dir?

I heard about ステイホーム週間 ("OT" topic, concerned about how you're all coping. Please drop a line here. Here in Europe we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Or so.)

Indeed. Just happened to me over the weekend and I was late at night finishing installation of the latest, now out Ubuntu long-term, " LXQT " desktop on this particular hardware from 05 years or so ago:

Intel® " Compute Stick ", model: STCK1A8LFC, specs ( https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/86613/intel-compute-stick-stck1a8lfc.html )

Interesting, it shipped Ubuntu default on this hardware. And I thought how it would fare over the years with new releases and guess what, now with my new " LXQT " install , I was pleasantly surprised with a much better " experience " than before. And still around 700MB of spare space on cramped 7GB storage.

Prost! フェルナンド