Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] programming error?
- Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 19:15:00 +0900
- From: Thomas Blasejewicz <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] programming error?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.4.2
On 2020/02/11 23:31, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:Good evening Most likely I did (again) something stupid.I have recently updated a Linux Mint 19.2 version to the newer 19.3; on a very old Panasonic Let's note PC Here I tried to install a software that I have on my Windows machines and an older version of which used to work fine under Linux:"TeamDrive" - something like Dropbox, made in Switzerland.Basically very good, except that the newer versions use an UI font size so small, you need a microscope to read it - and it cannot be changed.Trying to install the Version 4.6.7 results in following scenario: The installer tells me, the software has been properly installed.However it does not start. Trying to remove it with Synaptic gives a number of errors, some of which I copied:1) An unhandable error occurredThere seems to be a programming error in aptdaemon, the software that allows you to install/remove softare and to perform other package management related task. 2) [Err no 2] No usable temporary directory found in ['/temp/', 'var/temp/', 'usr/temp/', 'root']Yesterday night I did shutdown the computer. Today it will not boot at all.I am switched into "Emergency mode" and given options like "press Enter for maintenance",press Ctrl-D for system check or sobut ALL options, ALL operations have the same result: nothing at all happens, or I land again at the Emergency mode screen.Is there a way out of this (I do not know any smart computer tricks that would help), or does this mean, I have to reinstall the whole system?This is very frustrating. Thomas
- [tlug] programming error?
- From: Thomas Blasejewicz
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] programming error?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] February Nomikai on Valentine's Day?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] programming error?
- Next by thread: [tlug] A Test Message in Japanese
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links