Re: [tlug] formatting HDD leaves 11.7 GB untouched

Good evening

and thank you all for your instructions.

I just deleted the one partition and formatted the disk again - this time as NTFS. Right clicking the disk now shows under properties 160 GB. Used were only something like 40 MB. Just fine!

And yes - this computer HAD Windows on it - until several years ago. There is still a seal on top saying "Windows Vista". For the last 2-3 years I have been "using" (not really spending much time) it for practicing pupose = practicing the use of Linux. Not an easy task.

For now, removing the existing partition and creating a new one did the trick. Would it be "better" in any way, to use ext4 instead of NTFS? It is not really important though, since I am now perfectly happy!

* Since I am a "rural guy", there is probably little chance for me to join you in one of those nomikai, or buy Mr. Sampson a beer ...

Thomas