Re: [tlug] Trouble adding new user

What happens when you try to ‘su’ into the user?  If that works, do you find the user has a home directory?  And does the user have permissions to that home directory?  Next, tail your system logs when a login attempt is made.  Try using verbose output for ssh.  Log in with ssh as the user after setting a temporary password.  One of these things is bound to give you a better picture of what is blocking the login.  Or at least, a better focus for further investigation.