[tlug] Dropbox Linux Client (was: File-sharing (was: Books for free))

On 2019-06-07 08:19 +0100 (Fri), Darren Cook wrote:

> > https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/ABC...

That told me that I don't have access, by the way, though it did give
me a "request access" button that I pushed.

> But, if I can hijack your thread to ask what people here are using
> instead of Dropbox?...
> It has been Linux unfriendly for over a year (won't work on an encrypted
> partition, but for no good reason)....

Well, I'm currently using Dropbox on at least six different Linux
hosts, all with encrypted partitions, so there's something more than
just that going on there. Most are Debian 9, but there's one Debian 8
and I think I tried it out on Ubuntu 18.04 recently, too. Oh, and
wait! I also have an ancient Ubuntu 12.04 VM syncing, although that
doesn't know that its underlying block storage is encrypted by its host.

cjs
--
Curt J. Sampson      <cjs@example.com>      +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.