[tlug] Ubuntu Facebook popups

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 09:50, Kevin Sullivan <kts@example.com> wrote:
> Inside Security mailing list mentioned this as a recent phishing exploit. Website may be compromised.

There's actually no website involved, unless you mean FB's. The
notifications which popped
up (they've stopped now that I've turned them off for the desktop)
were just text - no links or
anything - and were the same as the ones I get on my phone and tablet.

My conclusion is that FB invoked some sort of notification mechanism which led
to FF using libnotify. I guess I should be calling them "push
notifications" rather
than "pop-ups". (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_technology)

Jim