[tlug] Ubuntu Facebook popups

A couple of days ago I started getting popup Facebook notifications
on my Ubuntu 16.04 system. They appear briefly in the corner of
the screen, and have a similar appearance to the occasional system
popups about lost Internet connection, etc. The content is the same
as the ones I get on my Android phone.

Does anyone know what is generating them? There's no FB app running
(AFAIK there isn't one), and I don't have FB running in a tab in Firefox.
Could it be that FB has planted something in Firefox?

Very curious.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University