Re: [tlug] Buying domain names

On 13/12/2018 9:39 AM, Curt Sampson wrote:
On 2018-12-12 12:17 +0800 (Wed), Raymond Wan wrote:

Oh...  I haven't yet received that much spam from them, but it's also
quite possible that I'm receiving spam from them but can't tell it's
from GoDaddy.

It's not so much email as also their website involves wading through
page after page of "offers" for any operation. (Or at least it did the
last time I used it, years ago.) At any rate, regardless of the
delivery method, that much promotion makes me nervous.

Ah!  Yes, that is certainly true!

It did require a lot of patience to make my initial purchase. Their web site is quite poorly organised and it took me a long time to find what I was looking for -- indeed, there was a lot of spam and when you buy (or renew), you do have to be careful that something you don't need didn't automatically get added into your basket...

Renewal is more straight-forward since you just login and a link is given to you to click...but...yes, you have to be careful of what they added in (i.e., automatic renewal, features you don't need, etc.).

Ray