[tlug] nexux 6p

I'm interested in whether anyone has any experience with retrieving data from an Android phone after OS failure.
The phone cycles through the first screen ("Google") and is unable to proceed.
This happened after a recent system sw update, while simply browsing through my photos.
First time the phone was able to pass after the first screen but I didn't suspect a complete failure was on its way...
My "youtube research" suggests using a heat gun or a hair dryer to overheat the processor into whatever state makes it available for bios flashing etc.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H1jVd7NMC8  and alike)

I'd rather not try that so I need your opinions & advices.

TIA !
Dusan