Re: [tlug] nexux 6p

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 06:51:31PM +0000, Dusan Kojic wrote:
I'd rather not try that so I need your opinions & advices.

You're seeing a "bootloop". It's a failure typical for some Android devices. You have very good chances to retrieve your data and restore your phone since you still can boot past the system recovery.

You'll want to do:

* Google 'nexus 6p bootloop fix' and see if you can find your way around to fix the problem. E.g. [1] seems to have some fix for this common (?) problem.

This fix overlaps with the next method you can try, that is, extracting the data from your phone (if possible) and reflash a stock factory ROM This should restore your device if the flash memory isn't failing, and should be possible in any case.

General outline:

 * Install fastboot on your Linux computer
 * Boot your Nexus 6P into recovery mode
 * Unlock the device for flashing using fastboot
 * Flash the custom TWRP recovery using fastboot
* Boot into TWRP recovery, mount file systems, and transfer all the data out via ADB.
     * It'll become more involved if your device was encrypted.
* May be impossible, but you'll still be able to flash a factory ROM (readily available for Nexus devices) and with some luck, continue. * Use TWRP to flash a factory ROM image (without deleting the data partition!) and try booting the device. Ideally,
Good guidelines are available at [2].

You'll find copious amounts of information by googling around using any of the keywords I mentioned.

---

[1] https://www.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p-bootloop-fix/
[2] https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/angler