Re: [tlug] Bogus Japanese zipfiles [was: Kudos to Jim Breen]

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 5:05 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote:
> I still occasionally get zip files with Shift JIS-encoded file names.

LoL, after many years of occasional need to wrestle those, I published this:

https://github.com/thinrope/gentoo-nifty-scripts/blob/master/usr/local/bin/jzip

(although it is somewhat Gentoo-related (paths), the script is mostly
standalone)

> I forget the exact syntax, but something like
>
> python -m zipfile --extract --filenameencoding=shift_jis bogus.zip

I think patching upstream (zip, p7zip) is still better, but haven't
had urge to do it.

Cheers,
Kalin.